Logistics Operations Team Leader
Job no: 610377
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, People Manager
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We are currently looking for a Logistics Operations Team Leader to join our Newstead office on a permanent full-time basis.
The Team Leader is responsible for leading and developing the Distribution and Goods Inwards teams, coordinating materials and resources to ensure delivery schedules are adhered to in a timely manner in alignment with the Quality Management system.
- Liaise and communicate to resolve issues with all internal and external customers
- Full operational responsibility for all Goods Inwards functions
- Maintain Inventory accuracy
- Ensure that all functions within the defined warehouse areas are carried out efficiently and accurately
- Ensure that processes and procedures are followed, and quality compliance is maintained
- Maintain customer service levels and develop process improvements as required
- Maintain flexibility and ensure operations are not affected due to leave or attendance issues, liaise with other teams to ensure internal service levels are not affected.
- Deliver daily, weekly and monthly performance measures
- Attract, develop and retain the best team to deliver Cochlear’s current and future business objectives
The Successful Candidate for This Role Will Hold
- A minimum of 5 years warehouse and distribution management experience
- Sound ERP system knowledge (Oracle or SAP is preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in inventory management, storage, pick/pack and shipping.
- Ability to build on effective teams
- Good oral and communication skills
- Opportunity to work as part of a global logistics team
- Great career development and progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with internal stakeholders in manufacturing, quality, engineering, procurement, and R&D
- Domestic Travel
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now