RF Research and Development Engineer
Job no: 610395
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Are you passionate about Radio Frequency (RF) and Analog signalling? Do you want to use your passion to innovate? Then this is the role for you! With your experience of RF and Printed circuit board (PCB) design you can use your expertise to innovate and build prototypes that can be used in future products to help people hear now and always. You will have the opportunity to develop innovative wireless implant design solutions, solve challenging technical problems and foster technology development globally.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions for patients with a disabling hearing loss. Thanks to our expertise and dedication, more than 450.000 patients have stepped through the door of the hearing world. With the current low take up of hearing implants, the growth potential of the company is bright.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent by experience
- Electrical knowledge of wireless integrated circuits and ultra-low-power micro-electronics
- Experience/knowledge of EMC standards and global radio standards (ETSI, FCC, SRRC)
- Experience/knowledge of working with electrical CAD tools - schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout
- Strong interest in inductive power- and data-links and medical telemetry
- Experience/knowledge of electrical testing and applicable standards
- Pragmatic problem solver and producer of solutions outside the standard procedure
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with supplier & subcontractor contacts
Duties and Responsibilities:
Electrical H/W and Wireless Development
- Study, develop, prototype and verify the active implantable medical device (AIMD) or accessory containing mixed-signal electronic hardware
- Develop, prototype and verify inductive coupled radio frequency (RF) links and Wireless Power Transmission systems (WPT)
- Perform electrical simulations using Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis (SPICE)
- Creation of reference printed circuit board (PCB) designs using Altium Designer software
- Simulate the behavior of H-fields and EM-fields from antenna/transducer elements using FMEA software
- Conducting electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) pre-compliance tests on the prototype systems towards reference designs by loop antennas, in GTEM cells (Gigahertz Transverse Electromagnetic) or field test on OTS (Outdoor Test Site)
- Qualify the electrical functionality and parameters of the active implantable medical prototype towards the minimum defined requirements or limits
- Find solutions for challenging electrical problems, information seeking, analytical thinking
- Support and manage development projects or sub-project towards a defined technology readiness level
- Project administration including reporting to stakeholders
- Requirements development, risk assessment
- Engage the project managers (PM) by translating the user or system requirements into development activities
- Document & report developments and progress clearly
- Follow all applicable development and review processes and methodologies. These may be part of internal policies, applicable international standards, applicable regulatory requirements and/or specific team processes
- Ensure order and quality through checking and monitoring of your own work and that of others
Team & Communication
- Contribute to team effort to commit to the project schedule
- Communicate openly and effectively within the team facilitating an efficient team environment
- Communicate openly and effectively towards external parties
- Generate patent disclosures from development work
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now