Job no: 610400
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Procurement, Western Europe, People Manager
Are you an Import/Export professional with proven experience of Import/export regulations, procedures and custom clearance? Do you have an in depth level understanding of tariff code processes and clearance of imported goods along with a working knowledge of HMRC/EU regulations and compliance? This could be the job for you! If you're successful you will be supervising a small professional collaborative team who ship to 83 countries! This position needs you to be a strong collaborator with the ability of building great relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and external partners. Experience in the shipping of Lithium Ion batteries is also a bonus! This position requires experience of collaborating and working across diverse stakeholder groups within an organisation both internally and externally (distributors/ chamber of commerce/ 3rd party providers and regulators). We want this person to carry on building the regional centre of excellence for import and export and for this team to be the go to SME's in our business.
Part of your remit will include developing current team, reviewing business area's perfomance, reviewing of small pack and freight partners, Import and Export compliance - all this along with working for one of the world's most successful Medical Device Companies.
- Import / Export professional with proven experience of Import/export regulations and procedures and custom clearance procedures. Experience within a freight forwarding environment and / or knowledge of 3PLs would be beneficial.
- Expert understanding of tariff code processes and clearance of imported goods.
- Working knowledge of HMRC/EU regulations and compliance.
- Exceptional document handling, control and management.
- Detailed knowledge of letters of credit
- Experienced in the shipping of Lithium Ion batteries
- Evidence strong communication (written and verbal - comfortable at presenting)
- Evidence of strong leadership ability and a natural bias for action; capable of leading through influence while using facts to drive decisions
- Capable of working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage conflict and positive resolution of issues
- Member of relevant professional body
- Qualified in the IATA dangerous goods regulations (IATA DGR) and Holder of Dangerous goods licence.
- Experience within pharmaceutical and/or medical device supply chain organisations.
- Experience of shipping product the Middle East, Africa and eastern Europe
- Experience of GDP (Good Distribution Practice) and QMS (Quality Management System) environments.
- Experienced gained working within complex European/ EMEA matrix organization
- Experience of working within a Quality Management environment, gained within either medical devices (ISO13485), food, pharmaceuticals or similar business
- Yellow or Green Belt Lean Six Sigma knowledge and/or experience
- Experience of Oracle inventory applications
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now