Job Title: Financial Specialist I
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear improve operational efficiency, we are recruiting for a Financial Specialist I in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you’ll ensure the correct application of all payments, adjustments and write-offs into Brightree and Oracle. You’ll work collaboratively the Accounts Receivable and Reimbursement departments who prepare batches for cash posting. This role is responsible for identifying and processing the requests for offsets along with processing credits, debits, rebills, and refund transactions.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of cash posting for commercial accounts, self pay consumer accounts, Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Insurance, batch filing, and EOB retrieval.
- Cash Lockbox application
- Correct application of all types of payments posted and batched daily, adjustments requested to be keyed daily, all denial and deductibles by internal coding daily and write-offs posted and batched after approval as needed
- Filing of cash posting batches and manual retrieval of EOB copies
- Resolution of offset balances
- Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Process credit card payments
- Invoicing and statement distribution
- Manage and process AR communications
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and/or 2-3 years billing or cash posting experience
- 3-4+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to work within a team environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Excellent time management and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Intermediate computer skills in various software packages, including Windows XP, specifically Excel
- Experience deciphering EOBs
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or Brightree
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.