Job Title: Event Marketing Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market and support cochlear implant clinics and recipients, we are recruiting for an Event Marketing Specialist in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to strategically plan and execute all event logistics for key industry trade shows and events. You’ll work collaboratively with the professional and consumer marketing teams to create innovative booth spaces and educational events that showcase Cochlear as the market leader in implantable hearing technology.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of cross-functional expertise in meeting management, vendor negotiation, on-site coordination, and budget planning. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've executed a trade show or event that meets the targeted strategy and goal that you and the professional and/or consumer marketing team set forth for that specific event.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the event management logistics including but not limited to: hotel contracts, accommodations, meeting specs (food, beverage and audio visual), registrations, event experience (event app, décor and entertainment), convention trade show management (development of event materials, on-site exhibit set-up/breakdown, support) and internal/external communications.
- Lead the cross functional planning meetings, communicating and maintaining all deadlines to the planning team, and scheduling all follow-up debrief meetings.
- Manage multiple meetings and events concurrently; meeting all deadlines and required tasks.
- Maintain budget for all assigned meetings.
- Create and maintain online registration pages.
- Vendor management for trade shows and large meetings. Communicating all needs effectively and managing invoices and delivery of all needs in a timely manner
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- 1-2+ years of cross-functional experience in corporate meeting planning and management with extensive experience in vendor negotiation, site coordination and planning.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Budget management with +/- 3% of overall budget.
- Adaptability to changing work environments and fast paced settings.
- Ability to multi-task while still meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to persevere with a positive outlook.
- Proven record of excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and competency in all Microsoft Office tools & Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience/knowledge with the event management system, Cvent.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Schedule: Regular Business Hours