Change people’s lives and love what you do!
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Today, Cochlear is a Top 50 ASX-listed company with annual global revenues exceeding AUD$1.4 billion.
A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced senior engineer with solid experience in Digital Signal Processing & Firmware design and implementation. In this role you will be driving the strategic direction of Cochlears next generation hearing implants while building, managing and enabling a high performing team. You will be responsible for Cochlear’s DSP Product Strategy and development while also working closely with project managers and other team leaders to manage project deliverables.
Working in this dynamic team you will be responsible for:
• Actively managing signal processing priorities, as part of the strategic goals of the company, with reference to research, platform or product projects
• Coordinating, driving and defining signal processing architecture, with attention to the strategic priorities of the company across platforms and product families,
• Driving collaborative signal processing activities between and across teams to ensure strategic goals, architectures and priorities for Smart Implant and Sound Processor developments are aligned.
• Implementation of DSP deliverables on product platforms in C and/or assembly language and the implementation of reference signal processing algorithms in Matlab and/or Simulink.
• Working closely with signal processing teams, project managers, technical leaders and related groups across the company and externally to ensure signal processing strategic goals are defined and can be met within each project
• Identifying and advocating for future capabilities required across DSP domain in R&D to ensure timely delivery against strategic priorities
• Understanding change management and empowering team members to adopt new and better ways of working and embrace new technical opportunities
To be successful in this role you will possess:
• A University degree in electronics engineering or similar.
• 15+ years’ experience building high performing teams in firmware, software or related and experience operating in audio, speech or related signal processing areas
• Demonstrated ability to influence strategic direction with signal processing designs, architectures and vision
• Demonstrated ability to communicate about the approach and direction of strategy, architecture, design and overall vision towards Senior Management in order to create awareness and obtain approval
• Excellent communication skills and skilled with cross-functional thinking and problem solving.
• Experience programming in the Python programming language.
Development Value of this role:
• Strategic management
• Team builder and team building mentor
• Technical expert and mentor
• DSP Firmware process champion
Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).