Job no: 610519
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Site Engineer to be responsible for organizing and managing all site related operations, procedures and small projects to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness. This team member must pro-actively check the ticketing queue and ensure that all incidents and requests assigned to the team are addressed to meet the agreed SLA. Keeping customers informed of progress and logging of resolutions for future reference according the incident management process is essential. Provides quality service to our customers through efficient incident management, request fulfillment, problem investigation and resolution tasks.
- Provide prompt support to customers and resolve operational incidents/requests as quickly as possible.
- Work as a part of global support team and liaise with overseas support teams when required.
- Adhere to Computer System Validation requirements.
- Plan, manage, monitor and maintain COCHLEAR desktop hardware and software assets to ensure secure user network access for email, file and print, corporate and bespoke desktop applications, system client installations and telephone connectivity.
- Work closely with the reporting manager to improve and optimise Service Desk and Site Services processes.
- Provide system documentation according to the project development methodology.
- Provide assistance and technical knowledge to aid in the implementation of Projects.
- Work with vendors to resolve technical problems with equipment and software.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Services teams to achieve customer satisfaction.
You bring your Skills and Experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application.
- At least 2 years of relevant IT Service Support experience based on ITIL framework
- MCSA or MCP or similar work experience
- Strong technical background in client side of Outlook, Active Directory, Windows Client OS, MS Office365
- Basic understanding of ITIL Service Life Cycle Management
- Good knowledge of networking, server, hosting, security concepts within the IT space
- Ability to operate effectively within structured frameworks, to deliver high quality work and accurate reporting on performance and service delivery
- Attention to detail
- Minimal mastery of key team competencies
- Strong Written & Verbal English Skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of SCCM and VMWare Service Manager application
- Working experience in managing the backups of HP Connected Backup and strong understanding of GUI functionality
- ITIL Certification
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- High level of empathy (to support the customer focused key competency)
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now and see your career grow!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now