Job no: 610541
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Today, Cochlear is a Top 50 ASX-listed company with annual global revenues exceeding AUD$1 billion. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join us in our global headquarter in Macquarie University on a permanent full-time basis.
In this role, you will be part of our Sound Processors & Connectivity team to design, execute and bring to market new Cochlear products
- Performs all phases of the design and prepares and presents reports
- Able to define or refine a product concept based on inputs collected
- Constructively and effectively interact with staff in other departments
- Works with internal and external toolmakers and suppliers
- Delivers output within required timeframes including documentation of requirements, design (drawing, specifications), risk management and part promotion
- Design and develop test jigs and tools to enable automated verification
- Uses well developed professional experience to evaluate reliability engineering issues
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent 5+ years’ experience in a similar manufacturing role
- 2D and 3D CAD Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now