Job no: 610576
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
The Procurement Specialist performs procurement activities from new product development / projects through to the ongoing supply of quality goods and services, in this role you will:
- Effectively partner with both internal and external stakeholders and take overall accountability for procurement activities for the assigned product portfolio, categories and suppliers.
- Identify and implement effective risk management strategies to maintain continuity of supply for assigned product portfolio, categories and suppliers.
- Seek to develop, implement and execute procurement processes and strategies to optimise and continually improve the performance of the Procurement function.
- Provide commercial support to Strategic Sourcing function to deliver Cochlear’s strategic initiatives or outcomes.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Knowledge of and exposure to high-tech manufacturing or engineering-focused manufacturing environments.
- A strong written and verbal communicator, negotiator and influencer
- Able to build and sustain positive, customer focused and professional stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Astute in the management of key supplier accounts and complex supply chains
- Sound ability to assess the capability of suppliers and commercial proposals
- Strong prioritization and problem solving skills in a fast paced production environment
- and influencing skills
- Change management
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability to assess potential commercial candidates
- Sound ERP system knowledge (Oracle preferred)
What will make you stand out?
- Advanced sourcing methodologies and models.
- Experience in electrical component or commodity procurement.
- Exposure to quality and regulatory systems for medical device companies.
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies or other continuous improvement tools and thinking.
- Career progression opportunities
- Possibility of working across different categories
- Direct involvement with various internal stakeholders
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now