Job Title: Junior Front End Web Developer (Contract)
Change people's lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
About the Role:
In order create innovative solutions to help enhance the usability of our websites, we are recruiting for a contract Junior Front End Web Developer in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Developer to build, implement and maintain visual elements that users see and interact with on Cochlear America’s websites and web applications. This includes translation of the UI/UX design to actual code, the implementation of online tests and experiments as well as working with the Digital Experience team to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. You will be accountable for daily website maintenance including but not limited to content changes, image uploads, onsite document uploads maintenance, and overseeing the scheduled website syndication processes.
As a part of the Digital team, you will learn our marketing technology stack from the inside out, in order to assist in growing the organization and the team technically. You’ll see the impact of your work daily as part of our rapid release schedule and the impact we make to our customers both internally and externally. We pride ourselves on the quality of our systems and our ability to evolve products to anticipate the business needs. To be successful in this role, you’ll combine organizational skills, familiarity with software development, and a keen detail orientation to help ensure we settle for nothing less than the highest standards.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Maintain components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browser.
- Work with a vertical area of one or more products.
- Contribute to a technical product roadmap.
- Be the technology and domain subject matter expert in one or more business domains and/or technical areas.
- Help drive the successful completion of development projects.
- Create technical design documentation.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies into the current development process under guidance of Sr. Web Developer.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical standards.
- Takes active participation in technical training and mentoring for junior team members and cross functional teams.
- Ensure accuracy, quality and consistency for all deliverables.
Key Incumbent Requirements:
- Knowledge and familiarity of modern front end design techniques, responsive design, targeting devices, integrating with 3rd party APIs, JSON, REACT.js and its core principles
- Experience with version control systems (GIT, SVN, TFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML email template creation
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with a curious mind for troubleshooting and building software
- Detail-orientation with the ability to understand how each aspect interacts with the big picture
- A solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and programming fundamentals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work with technical and non-technical staff
- Proven perseverance to carry a set of software deliverables from requirements to completion
- A single-minded focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Experience with Sass, Less and/or CSS Modules
- Sitecore CMS experience
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.