Senior Solution Architect
Job no: 613511
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
The Senior Solution Architect role provides technical direction for projects from concept to completion. In order to be a successful candidate for this role you need to have a passion for technology and experience in modern digital solutions.
You have experience with waterfall and agile delivery methodologies and understand how to work in either. In your previous roles you have advocated test and deployment automation. You have also had some exposure in operational roles and understand why it is important to do the job properly. In previous organisations you have identified the strategic capabilities required and contributed to architecture roadmaps and standards accordingly. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo but understand the balance between perfection and practicality. You understand your audience and can communicate potentially complex solutions to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Developing Reference Architectures for architectural domains
- Lead the definition of the Solution Architecture and deliver conceptual and detailed designs to resolve the business requirement.
- Close collaboration on project implementation with project managers, business stakeholders and delivery teams
- Constantly look for opportunities to leverage and reuse existing IT capabilities, Services and Solutions where appropriate
- Identify and investigate opportunities to utilize and integrate emerging technologies to provide cost effective flexible solutions.
- Assist the IT Broker team and associated Business Stakeholders in the development of business cases and value propositions to support the proposed solutions
- Wherever possible, advocate the architecture services, processes across the global Information Technology teams and business functions by means of sharing documentation, providing advice or impromptu education
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve Information Technology products and services
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Engineering
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior Solution Architect
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new and emerging technologies
- Strong enterprise applications background, with an ability to grasp the big picture
- Project planning and specification skills, together with problem solving and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Post Graduate qualification
- Architecture certification such as TOGAF
- Demonstrated 3-5 years experience as a Senior Solution Architect
- Previous experience in project teams using agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Strong technical background in any of the following:
- Salesforce / APEX / Heroku
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Modern web technologies, ( React, Bootstrap, GraphQL – etc)
- Digital Marketing and eCommerce platforms
- Mobile Applications (iOS, Android, React Native)
- DevOps (CI/CD Pipelines, Immutable architecture, DevSecOps, )
- Integration patterns (MDM, data virtualisation, iPaaS)
- Test Automation
- Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, HBase)
- Machine Learning / AI
- Cloud/Networking/Infrastructure automation (AWS and on premise)
You will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of the Cochlear IT landscape from Digital, Sales, Marketing, Servicing, Financials, Supply Chain, Order Management, Demand Planning, Manufacturing and HR. This role provides exposure to the product lifecycle management of a medical device manufacturer including the associated technologies that support the manufacturing process.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now