Job no: 610348
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, People Manager, Manufacturing & Logistics
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Facilities Manager to support our new manufacturing site in Chengdu China
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of test engineering.
This role will assist with the effective management of the CCD manufacturing and office facility including site upgrades, operational facility management, project management and site relocations. The role will ensure that the CCD site is highly efficient and functional to meet current and future needs of the business, including ensuring efficient use of space. The role’s scope of responsibilities includes operational facilities oversight, IFM provider management, internal stakeholder management and budgeting.
- The role is accountable for the effective management of the CCD Facility and will need to work within the parameters of Cochlear policies. The facility management systems and IFM provider in place will assist with ensuring effective operational facilities management.
- The role will need to consult and interact with CCD site management team as well as the CLTD Facilities Department to achieve their objectives. In addition, the role will need to consult with CLTD and Asia Pacific manufacturing stakeholders to achieve consistent and optimal outcomes across the manufacturing network.
- The role will work within existing processes but may be responsible for creating new processes or services within the business should they assist with improving the outcomes for the CCD facility. The most complex aspect of the role is the ability to achieve standardisation of processes, fit out, user requirements and code compliance in the CCD facility.
- Success in the role will be achieving cost savings through effective negotiations, effective use of resources and aligning of best facility management practices.
- Supporting the Manufacturing Site Director in the management of Cochlear’s Chengdu Facility, which includes strategy, operations, budgeting and reporting.
- Total ownership of the portfolio operations including IFM facilities services and critical environment operations (planned and reactive maintenance), and site security.
- Encourage and support standardisation of facilities management policies, procedures and practices in line with other Cochlear sites.
- Coordination and management of all aspects of Facilities operations, to ensure a customer service approach and compliant outcomes are always achieved by Cochlear staff and the IFM service provider.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Minimum 10 years prior experience in Operational Facilities Management.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple sites is essential.
- Ability to manage external providers and liaise effectively with internal stakeholders at all levels.
Medical device industry experience and an understanding of GMP in NMPA will be highly regarded.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Advertising Close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now