Job no: 610410
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Today, Cochlear is a Top 50 ASX-listed company with annual global revenues exceeding AUD$1 billion. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a unique opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to contribute to design and help bring to market implant solutions that can help people hear. You will enjoy finding solutions to challenging technical issues, testing and building prototypes in the lab to assess their full potential.
The Mechanical Engineer role will play a significant role in ensuring safety and efficacy of devices through rigorous testing according to relevant procedures and protocols.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Identifying, understanding and developing test methods and setups to meet task/project requirements
- Preparing and update CAD 3D models and drawings and manage associated data
- Planning, monitoring and managing work packages within projects, ensuring regular reporting against key milestones
- Communicating openly and effectively across multiple teams
- Networking, influencing and persuading internally and externally with no direct authority
- Ensuring order and quality through checking and monitoring of your own work and that of others
- (Electro)mechanical or mechatronic engineering Master or Professional Bachelor degree or equivalent by experience.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD tools, drawings & mechanical tolerances preferably PTC Creo.
- Ability to plan, organise, implement and control tasks towards a goal
- Pragmatic problem solver of difficult problems and producer of solutions outside the standard procedure
- Ideally, 3 - 5 years’ experience in implant development or in the medical device industry
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Advertising Close: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now