Job Title: Director, Digital Experience Automation
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear deliver best in class digital experiences, we are recruiting for a Director, Digital Experience Automation in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to drive and deliver marketing automation, personalization, and journey enablement initiatives at a global scale. You’ll work collaboratively with global and regional teams in Marketing, IT, Services, and Operations while also leading a global team of Digital experts to identify requirements, build programs, create best practices, and support teams across marketing/journey automation, personalization, email, SMS, and campaign/journey data.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of marketing/digital platforms, segmentation, digital best practices and marketing operations to automate journeys and enable digital marketing programs.
- Establish and drive best practices in digital experience automation through collaboration with regional marketing automation and recipient services leads
- Manage the capability requirements for omni-channel, email, SMS, and campaign data capabilities
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of global programs, journeys, and campaigns in email, SMS, and lead management; support day-to-day execution of regional teams through consultation and team activities.
- Lead and develop an engaged and capable Digital Experience Automation team with members in Australia, the US, and Europe
- Deliver testing strategies to support journey optimization, overseeing implementation A|B and multi-variate tests for email and SMS
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, computer science, information systems, or a related field from an accredited university.
- 10+ years of experience leading teams in any combination of marketing automation, ecommerce, CRM, customer experience, demand generation
- 5+ years of experience managing enterprise teams that support multiple regions and/or business units
- 3+ years of leadership experience in agile organizations or teams using scrum based agile methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of omni-channel marketing and customer experience techniques and capabilities including nurturing, lead/engagement scoring, automation, and optimization
- Demonstrated success in developing teams that configure and execute on marketing automation or customer experience platforms (e.g. Marketo, Salesforce, Adobe, Genesys, Oracle)
- Prior experience in healthcare or B2C
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, storytelling, and analytical skills, including the ability to present clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and executives.
- Prior experience leading virtual teams in a global, matrixed environment
- Master’s degree in marketing, business administration, computer science, information systems, or a related field
- Familiarity with agile practice areas in a marketing and customer experience context
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex, long term change management initiatives
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings!
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Cochlear will offer relocation assistance with this position.
25% global travel