At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing.
Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is mentally stimulating and emotionally worthwhile.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Reliability Engineer to join us!
The Principal Reliability Engineer provides product reliability engineering leadership during the development, manufacturing and post market phases of Cochlear products and systems. The incumbent will lead the further development and implementation of Cochlear's Product Reliability Processes to further ensure the safety and reliability of Cochlear products and systems.
Working in our high-tech environment you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and release of products for hearing impaired recipients through the application of systems engineering best practice.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree or Phd preferred) in Reliability, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or other suitable science degrees such as Physics or Material Science.
• 10 years' experience as a Reliability Engineer (medical device, defence, semiconductor or space industry preferred)
• Experience in designing, performing or directing material and product reliability characterizations and qualification or demonstration testing.
• Experience in performing or directing complex material or product failure analysis to establish failure mechanisms.
• Expert knowledge in applied/ reliability statistics especially in designing statistical plans for reliability demonstration tests.
• Strong understanding of design and quality control principles (medical device, defence, semiconductor and space industry preferred)
What will make you stand out:
• Experience with MIL-STD based reliability and quality requirements (e.g. MIL-STD 883, MIL PRF-38535} ISO 13485, IEC 61508, and CMMI maturity levels, standard and general practices.
• Knowledge of systems safety and reliability tools and practices that effectively support requirements, design, integration and verification, and validation.
• Knowledge of DFSS, DFLS, or DRM, and robust design practices
• Human implantable medical device or other safety critical industry experience.
• Proven record in team building and leadership skills
• Proven leader in the development of complex systems and sub-system integration.
• Experienced in high-criticality ultra-low power systems.
What makes this role unique?
• Opportunity to work across organization boundaries.
• Development of program management skills
• Opportunity to improve current processes and procedures to improve efficiency and cross functional working relationships
• Development of strong leadership and communication skills
• The satisfaction of delivering major new products that transform the quality of many people’s lives.
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers.
This is your opportunity to shine by demonstrating your pragmatic approach to decision making as you collaborate with team members to deliver a leading-edge medical implant.