Senior Software Engineer (Android)
Job no: 610529
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
- Supportive, collaborative and creative team
- Modern Kotlin codebase, focus on good development practices
- A global leader in medical devices – be part of helping people hear!
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our mobile development team to work on apps that help transform the lives of our recipients. You will have a strong technical background and your role will focus on app development, but you will be given opportunities to listen to the customer and help transform our products to respond to customer needs. You will work in a highly agile cross-functional team that provides the autonomy and control needed to shape product direction and ensure the continued success of the products you work on.
What you will bring to the role!
- Commercial experience building complex mobile, desktop or back end software
- Ideally, strong experience developing native Android apps in Kotlin
- Tertiary qualification relevant field of computing (for example, Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT) or equivalent commercial experience
- Experience with profiling tools and optimization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development practices is desirable
- Creating applications that focus on exceptional quality and user-centric design principles
- Implementing custom user interfaces using the latest programming techniques
- Find solutions to difficult problems outside the standard solution, identify and recommend significant improvements to products
- Be involved in understanding business problems and proposing solutions before writing a line of code
- Collaborate with other departments and external customers to ensure a proper understanding of the user and business needs and translate this into exceptional software
- Plan, manage and review software documentation to ensure capturing of requirements, design, process and evidence of compliance
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now