Job Title: Technical Writer
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
We are seeking a Technical Writer based in Centennial, CO to support the process documentation needs of our rapidly growing organization with world class training that helps our customers Hear Now. And Always. With Building Organizational Talent and Capability serving as one of our strategic imperatives, join an ATD BEST Learning Organization that truly values the development of people! You will be responsible for collaborating with business partners to understand, document, and maintain policy and procedure documentation. This role will also be responsible for analyzing the need for revisions in previously published materials, including recommending changes in scope, format, and content.
The pace at Cochlear is fast and the organization is mission driven. We’re looking for an individual who thrives in an innovation culture and embraces taking on new challenges. We value team members who possess a growth mindset and can build a trusted relationships throughout the organization in order to best support the needs of our business.
We are seeking someone who embraces collaboration and will partner effectively with our Talent Development Team as well as support the team in developing process documentation for various initiatives that span the organization.
- Leverage process documentation templates and design templates within Cochlear’s Quality Management System (MasterControl)
- Conduct process observation when necessary in order to develop adequate resources
- Ensure processes and procedures are captured to create consistency and efficiency within the organization
- Consult with business partners including, but not limited to, Customer Experience, Finance, Sales, Marketing, People & Culture, and Legal to not only represent their individual needs, but also elicit the perspective of others
- Establish relationships throughout the organization in order to build a foundation for process or procedure clarification conversations
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in composition, writing, or technical communication
- Experience in content writing or technical writing
- Strong written and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Successfully able to work and collaborate with others in a matrix organization
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office systems
- Background in Process Improvement
- Background in Change Management
- Experience with Master Control
- Experience within the medical industry
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
- Recognized by the Association for Talent Development as a BEST Learning Organization in 2018 and 2019
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Schedule: Flex schedule between 7:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday.