Senior Production Engineer
Job no: 610547
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Engineering, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Malaysia, Manufacture & Service Sound Processors to support Cochlear’s global operations over 100 countries. To support the growth in Manufacturing, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Production Engineer to work in Cochlear Malaysia. You will be responsible to maintain efficient and productive production/repair support to the production/repair areas through implementation and management of day-to-day production/repair and process improvement. You will be also required to provide engineering support to Manufacturing and Repair activities in CMY as well as Regional support for Service & Repair activities, ensuring that operational Service & Repair requirements are met, and to implement improvements in the Service & Repair function.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Provide the first point of contact for Service & Repair on yield, quality and throughput issues.
- Provide solutions to identified Service & Repair problems with particular reference to the day-to-day running of the line.
- Provide support to Regional Service and Repair facilities in line with GRC objectives and direction
- Analyze Service & Repair rejects as required to reclaim where possible, identify, and rectify root causes of rejects.
- Ensure NCR’s, CAPAs, Concessions and Change Notes are processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain Service Manuals, known issues documents, technician assessments, technician training, test system troubleshooting documentation and plans.
- Identify process solutions and create plans to coordinate activities and mentoring other engineers and technicians when required to progress plan.
- Execute projects to maximise production efficiencies on existing production processes to include the selection of appropriate equipment and projects to review and improve production “indirect” processes e.g. paperwork, bar-coding etc.
- Liaise with other appropriate support groups (e.g. D&D, Purchasing, M & L – Engineering, and Regional Service & Repair) to resolve issues.
- Work with Service & Repair and Engineering to ensure work instructions result in the repair of compliant product.
- Review product, process and equipment designs from other departments such as NPI and D&D to ensure they meet Service & Repair requirements with regard to execution time, maintainability, WHS, reliability and are adequately documented.
- Immediately reporting all incidents, accidents, hazards or unsafe work conditions to management
Why is this role right for you?
- At least 8 years of experience in preferably in a highly regulated Medical Device or GMP manufacturing site.
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Advertising Close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now