Job Title: Global Manager, Volunteer Programs
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear bring new products and programs to market and to support cochlear implant recipients we are recruiting for a Global Manager of Volunteer Programs in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to design peer-to-peer engagement programs that help us turn our customers into fans in order to drive industry and brand awareness and to enable formal and informal customer-led communities that enhance our customer journey. You’ll work collaboratively with Global Services, Global Marketing and Regional teams to design peer-to-peer engagement programs that meet a variety of customer and business needs. This manager role is responsible for ensuring that our recipients have opportunities to contribute to our mission by freely helping others along the hearing journey in meaningful ways.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of customer engagement, customer communities, and brand awareness. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've helped regional and country partners continuously evolve and maximize the demonstrated benefits of their programs.
- Define and evolve program vision, strategy and roadmap
- Continuously collect inputs from internal and external customers to define program needs
- Analyse customer and business needs to determine program priorities
- Develop and implement evaluation methods to assess program strengths and opportunities
- Forecast program growth; monitor global program metrics and trends
- Measure program health through regular business reviews with regional partners
- Drive program innovation through industry research, analysis and ongoing engagement with business partners
- Develop new, flexible channels to engage volunteers at global and local levels
- Design and oversee pilots to optimize program outputs and customer experience
- Educate stakeholders on the impact of volunteer programs and investment required to deliver a successful program
- Be a champion of the optimal volunteer experience
- Regularly communicate value of program throughout the organization
- Build and nurture an internal stakeholder community; maintain an active and value-adding presence with key stakeholders
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- 8+ years of customer engagement program management, brand advocate program management and/or marketing management
- Proven track record of developing and implementing new and improved customer experience programs
- General experience with:
- global program management;
- online community engagement strategies; and
- product management, NPS strategies and user experience methodologies
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and be comfortable managing multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for mission and compassion for others
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, build relationships and inspire others to follow
- Demonstrated business acumen in strategic analysis and enterprise awareness
- Achievement-oriented with attention to detail
- Successfully able to work and influence others in a matrix organization
- Experience with designing and delivering multi-channel customer engagement campaigns
- Flexibility to undertake domestic and/or international travel as required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Post-graduate qualifications in Marketing, Business Administration or Management (MBA or equivalent preferred)
- Experience working with internal Sales functions and Volunteers/Brand Advocates
- Previous work experience in medical device, pharmaceuticals, or other life sciences field
- Working knowledge of CRM systems (ideally Salesforce.com)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings!
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Relocation assistance may be available
Regular business hours with flexibility to undertake international business hours as required