Job no: 610616
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Asia Pacific, People Manager
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Logistics Manager to support our new manufacturing site in Chengdu China
This role will take part in the China Extension Project and will be responsible for creation and set-up of fully operating Warehouse and the introduction of a new supply chain network into, within and out of China to our Regions. Will require a hands-on approach and strategical thinking. Role are responsible for managing a cost effective and compliant Import/Export flow of goods in China
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge.
The purpose of this role to lead and manage all Warehouse activities in Chengdu including Receiving, Goods Inwards Inspection, Kitting and Kanban replenishment, Shipping, Inventory Control, and Finished Goods Packing. This position will ensure that goods are stored in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with specifications. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving Warehouse and Distribution processes in order to meet the Logistics Group's objectives.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in warehousing and distribution leadership
- Degree or equivalent in Business (Ideally Logistics)
- Experience with Microsoft packages (Word, Excel)
- Experience in working with ERP systems (ideally Oracle)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in process and value stream mapping
- Fluent in English & Chinese
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team
- Strong experience in a manufacturing logistics environment
- Experience working in a multinational organization
- Medical device industry experience and an understanding of GMP in NMPA will be highly regarded.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now