Senior Payroll Officer
Job no: 610619
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Finance, Human Resources, Oceania, Individual Contributor
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Payroll Officer to assist the payroll function in achieving accurate and timely preparation of salaries and wages, while ensuring compliance with legislation and statutory reporting.
A Senior Payroll Officer role will play a significant role and lead the processing of fortnightly payroll, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting, and supporting payroll improvement projects to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
Responsibilities in this role include yet are not limited to;
• Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently, end to end payroll processing.
• Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information.
• Compiling summaries and reporting of earnings, taxes, superannuation, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
• Reconcile payroll control and leave provision accounts and prepare monthly journals
• Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, superannuation, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
• Preparing redundancy and termination calculation estimates for approval by the Payroll Manager.
• Supporting the People & Culture Manager to identify process improvement opportunities and gather requirements for implementation.
Why is this role right for you?
• Strong payroll experience and associated knowledge of all Australian payroll legislative requirements.
• Demonstrated SAP experience
• Good knowledge of leave entitlements and Award classification
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
• Ability to meet critical deadlines
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now