Job Title: Technical Customer Support Specialist I
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear make a difference in people’s lives we are recruiting for a Troubleshooting Specialist I in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you will learn in the first 90 days the skills assisting in navigating multifaceted, complex, troubleshooting scenarios, and demonstrate the ability to utilize Cochlear’s systems to process and document in warranty exchanges on products through service orders, while demonstrating a high degree of empathy, sensitivity, and perseverance. You will utilize multiple programs and systems across dual monitors while answering questions over the phone. This role consistently uses critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities to ensure complex customer inquiries are resolved effectively.
- Location: Centennial, CO at our Americas Head Office
- Comprehensive training classes, including classroom and hands-on instruction.
- Schedule: This full-time position requires flexibility to work an eight-hour shift between 6:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday. In order to best serve our customers, occasional overtime may be required, including Saturday mornings from 8:00am-12:00pm.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Provide world class customer experience
- Technical skills and understanding in order to assist our recipients with troubleshooting products
- Utilize multiple programs and systems across dual monitors while answering questions over the phone
- 2 years prior customer service experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive phone demeanor and proven ability to interact effectively with customers and colleagues
- Proven ability to resolve complex customer service issues in a timely, effective manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate computer skills in various software packages, including Microsoft Office and various web-based programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- 1+ year(s) of experience in the medical field
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Schedule: Flexibility to work an eight hour shift between 6:00am - 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. In order to best serve our customers, occasional overtime may be required, including Saturday mornings.