Reimbursement Collections Specialist
Job no: 610656
Work type: Permanent
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Categories: Reimbursement, North America, Individual Contributor
Job Title: Reimbursement Collections Specialist
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
If you enjoy the challenge of successful and timely claim resolution while managing multiple invoices, then the Reimbursement Collections Specialist position is right for you! You will have a significant impact on the business by performing insurance collections for Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurance accounts. This position is located in the Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you will review and follow-up claim denials and non-payment of claims, file paper claims with correct documentation, and recommend write off adjustments of claims. You will utilize your knowledge of medical billing to maintain and process 40-50 invoices on a regular basis in accordance with Cochlear's policies and procedures. You will work collaboratively with the Billing Services team and other cross functional teams, to ensure comprehensive follow-up and maintenance of all open claims balances.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3+ years medical billing/collections experience and working knowledge of medical collections process, guidelines, and federal regulations
- Proficient computer skills (preferably in Microsoft Office) and experience utilizing common office resources (phone, fax, copier, and email)
- Working knowledge of basic A/R principles, familiarity in working with health insurance plans, Medicare, Medicaid and Explanations of Benefits (EOB’s)
- Ability to work within deadlines, meet goals, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, time management, and decision making skills
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) background
- Familiarity with Brightree and Oracle is a plus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now