Job Title: Graphic Designer (Contract/Part-time)
Change people's lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
About the role
We are recruiting for a part-time, contract Graphic Designer in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you'll be passionate about marketing and employing innovative designs to effectively convey information to a target audience. You will manage and produce a variety of materials including literature, newsletters, brochures, advertisements, exhibit walls, invitations, handouts, photography, and PowerPoint presentations.
In this role you'll leverage your creativity and highly defined understanding of how the functional and visual combine to create a memorable customer experience. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've brought the Cochlear brand to life visually.
- Ability to work part-time (24-32 hours per week)
- Understand branding guidelines and create graphic elements that reinforce the Cochlear brand.
- Design layouts that communicate the marketing hierarchy across various mediums to various target audiences.
- Gather all information and assets needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Manage multiple projects and follow through the entire process to completion within scoped timeframe.
- Participate in team meetings, brainstorming sessions and presentations.
- Understand and leverage the design process from start to finish.
- Work closely with project owners across the organization in the development of marketing materials.
- Work within Cochlear’s policy and procedures meeting regulatory guidelines.
- Interface with vendors to communicate project information.
- Develop printing specs to provide to purchasing and/or vendors for accurate quoting and final production.
- Assemble final layouts for projects.
- Proof projects to maintain desired quality standards.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
Key Incumbent Requirements: Minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a comparable program
- 3+ years of professional Graphic Design experience
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates creative and design skills
- Comprehensive understanding of content layout, typography and color theory
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, primarily in a Macintosh OS environment
- Thorough knowledge of print production, prepress file setup and print buying
- Ability to make design decisions based on client needs and guidelines
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment where priorities and deadlines may change
- Strong interpersonal skills and with excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Team player with a positive attitude, motivation and desire to set expectations higher
- Self-directed, detail-oriented and motivated
Key Incumbent Requirements: Ideal
- Corporate experience preferred
- Workfront "Project Management" program experience
- Prior experience working with Legal, Clinical and Regulatory departments
- Video production and editing experience is a plus (Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.