Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®)
We are seeking a Clinical Specialist, reporting to the East Regioanl Manager based in our Tokyo office. In this role, the successful Clinical Specialist will have the opportunity to provide clinical training and support to new and existing cochlear implant programs/clinics in Japan to meet the business outcomes.
- Develop a relationship with the recipients and customers
- Managing and communicating information
- Identify market, customers and technology opportunities
Provide clinical expertise on Nucleus system to new and existing clinics in Japan.
Support clinics within Japan with expertise on Nucleus systems and products.
Provide specific clinical/marketing information and advice on surgeries, patient candidacy, selection, evaluation and post implantation management.
Support customers through management of telephone queries, ensuring correct logging of call, and provision of relevant data to Clinical Services Co-ordinator for entry into global databases, handing appropriate issues to technical/service support or solving issues during call, following through on issues ensuring closure.
If telephone queries relate to another regional division, ensuring that the relevant team counterparts are informed through the customer support process.
Work as an active member of Clinical Team for programmed introduction of new products to customers
Assist with the delivery of suitable training programs tailored to each clinic’s specific needs.
Assist clinics with selection of suitable cochlear implant candidates and ensure understanding of the evaluation process.
Assist in the provision of consultancy and counseling on difficult/challenging candidates and ensure management strategies are developed.
Take an active role in the account management process.
Represent Cochlear Ltd at Congresses and Workshops.
- Assist in the development and presentation of training modules for both external and internal use on specific areas related to cochlear implants.
- Attend congresses and workshops and actively participate as part of the Cochlear team.
- Assist with implementation of clinical professor education initiatives.
Assist with clinical trials and research and development projects
- Trouble shoot new and existing product and provide feedback reports.
- Help develop clinical programming and habilitation resources
Support validation & translation of Nucleus software products & support materials for Japanese market.
Provide clear and concise reports on time.
- Trip reports, clinical reports and ad hoc reports.
- Data entry for Salesforce and Trackwise.
Team Role (Team member)
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working medical company.
- Strong enthusiasm for achievement of allocated budget
- Good selling and communication skill
- Result oriented
- Ability to analyze and stimulate the market
- Good team player
- Ability to travel extensively
- Business level spoken and written English skill for Cochlear’s internal processes and for better understanding of product and evidence based messaging.
- Demonstrate role model behavior as Clinical Specialist
- Masters Degree (or equivalent) in audiology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-A) or country equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- High level of energy and drive to achieve business outcomes
- Customer focus
- Confident, mature and approachable style
- Ability to take initiative and build relationships
Development Value of this role:
· Opportunity to work in the highest leader company in the CI industry.
· Opportunity to work in a global company
CI: Cochlear Implant
· Native level Japanese
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions. The company has a global workforce of more than 3,500 people worldwide and invests more than AUD$160 million each year in research and development. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume (Both English and Japanse) and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.