Position Overview / Purpose:
Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Manufacturing Site Director and his leadership team. Takes the initiative to act quickly, professionally, and is flexible when managing many tasks simultaneously. Ensures accuracy, diplomacy, and judgment when handling telephone calls, documents, correspondence, or visitors. The position also provides support and assistance to the whole CCD organization. This includes events management, travel and purchase requisitions, stationery and meeting room management and administration & office support.
Accountability 1: Personal Assistant of Manufacturing Site Director
· Answer telephones, screen calls and take messages from external or internal sources so that callers/visitors are dealt with promptly, courteously, and accurately.
- Performs various administrative duties including preparing travel itinerary to include flight/hotel/ground transportation arrangements, manages Manufacturing Site Director’s email and calendars, prepares expense reports, manages files/archived documents, and other requests for information.
- Accurately transcribe, type, format and proofread a wide variety of material (for example correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spreadsheet software.
- Draft letters and official information releases.
Manage communication with Manufacturing Site Director’s customers/stakeholders (e.g. peers, direct reports, senior leaders, suppliers, visitors) and represent Manufacturing Site Director directly where necessary
Accountability 2: Administration support to CCD leadership team
- Coordinate and manage internal and external meetings so that they run smoothly. This may include scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available for example equipment and catering.
- Arrange and attend meetings, taking and distributing meeting minutes, prepare presentations and presentation materials.
- Manages numerous logs and reports where information from a variety of sources is requested and where action items and/or issues are resolved.
Generate, collate and distribute related reports
Accountability 3: Administration & Office Support
- Support the day-to-day operations of a variety of office administrative support services to ensure that the organisation's current and future administrative needs are met efficiently, reliably, and economically. These activities may include: office supplies, cafeteria and recreation services, ground transportation, operating office equipment
- Liaise with functional or CCD leadership team to ensure that office administration policies, programmes, and activities are appropriate for their current and future business needs.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend office supplies purchases to meet the organisation’s business needs.
- Select, and manage ongoing relationships with external suppliers (for example, stationery or accommodation or ground transportation or restaurants or business conferences vendors) to ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Maintenance of CCD group e-mail distribution lists and contact list
- Manage travel itineraries and coordination of approvals, booking, late minute changes, advances with travel providers, prepare invitation for visa application, etc.
- Reception relief when required
- Assist with collation and preparation of training/meeting materials.
Purchase goods and services using related system, raising PO’s/tracking spend/invoices with vendors
Accountability 4: Events Management
- Organise tours of site for visitors
- Greet guests and visitors at reception
Organisation of CCD team building/group dinner/celebration activities
Conducts special projects as directed. Provides project support to a functional group or business process as needed.
Team Role (Team Member):
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager
Key Incumbent requirements:
• Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience in providing secretarial and administrative support to high management and his team in a large multinational manufacturing environment.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a coordinating role.
• Diploma in Business Administrative or related discipline.
• Fluent in English language.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely to people of all levels.
• Discrete in handling confidential information.
• Computer literacy including sound knowledge of the MS Office suite of software and video/audio conferencing.
• A team player with strong analytical skills, integrity, and a strong sense of responsibility to complete assignments on time, with the ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to maintain clear communication with internal clients and team regarding mutual expectations, seeking feedback on performance, distributing helpful information and providing friendly, cheerful service
• Strong attention to detail and deadlines and the communication and prioritization skills to effectively manage competing expectations
• Excellent command of written and spoken written English
Development Value of this role:
- Develop the role in an organisation with double digit growth ambitions
- Interactions with senior management other operations in the global network
- Succession planning and/or opportunities at other Cochlear sites