Job no: 611799
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, Manufacturing & Logistics
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for Electronic Assembler to work in Cochlear to diagnose & repair the failed Cochlear external devices has arisen in our KL office. The successful candidate also needs to document all repair activities in accordance with Cochlear procedures and ensure a high quality repair is achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- To follow Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to identify failure modes and perform the repair, testing and upgrade on failed devices.
- Reassemble repaired devices as per the SOP.
- Follow service and repair procedures, quality, work instructions, working procedures as per service repair requirements and maintain repair history of individual products.
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these responsibilities.
- At least 3 years of experience in soldering miniature electronic devices is required for this position.
- Minimum Certificate or Diploma in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical) or any other related discipline.
- MUST have basic understanding of electronic components.
- Basic understanding of using computer is essential for this role.
- Willing to work anytime between 6.30am to 11.45pm is a MUST for this role.
- Ability to use microscope for complex operations is highly desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication in English is a MUST for this role.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear’s global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Advertising Close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now