Senior Software Engineer (Cloud)
Job no: 611817
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled), Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are seeking both permanent and contractor Senior Software Engineers (Cloud) to join our development team to work on software that help transform the lives of our recipients.
You will have a strong technical background and your role will focus on building and maintaining web-based software solutions within an Agile and DevOps development framework based on industry best practices. You will be given opportunities to listen to the customer and help transform our products to respond to customer needs. You will work in a highly agile cross-functional team that provides the autonomy and control needed to shape product direction and ensure the continued success of the products you work on.
What you will bring to the role:
- Tertiary qualification relevant field of computing (for example, Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT) or at least 8 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment.
- 5+ years’ experience building complex applications for cloud, using web-based development platforms and languages, e.g. NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Go, .NET Core.
- 2+ years’ experience in a DevOps environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud-hosted technologies such as AWS or Microsoft Azure as well as cloud infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Significant experience across a breadth of technologies, languages and platforms.
- 3+ years’ experience in a senior developer/engineer or technical lead.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Agile and DevOps development practices
- Experience with GraphQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members
- Contribute to the product conceptualisation and take responsibility for specific features at system level through to delivery
- Utilise a thorough understanding of Cochlear’s business and customers to challenge requirements and drive solutions that set new standards in the market
- Contribute to setting technology development priorities and strategy within the software group
- Take the lead in improving process and product documentation, review procedures and policies.
- Provide technical leadership in the design of the product, system and Cochlear software ecosystem.
- Lead improvements in for the efficiency of the software group and the quality of the products produced by driving process improvements and fostering the adoption and improvement of appropriate tools and practices.
- Engage in side-projects to contribute innovative ideas to areas outside key responsibility
- Introduce new technologies to software products that provide innovative solutions to business needs.
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now