Principal Mobile App Automation Engineer
Job no: 611818
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We are currently looking for a Principal Mobile App Automation Engineer to join us in our global headquarter in Macquarie University on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting to the Technical Software Product Senior Manager, you will have a clear vision on how to implement automated test solutions and the skills to implement that vision in an efficient and scalable way.
- Provide the vision for automated test solutions, and technical leadership to successfully implement the vision
- Drive change in the organisation on how automated testing are used to validate our products
- Develop an automated test framework for iOS, Android, and cloud services by working closely with developers and verification engineers.
- Define unit and integration test protocols and script development in collaboration with the development team. Conduct peer reviews for test cases.
- Ensure adequate documentation is produced to allow solutions to be maintained, extended and reused
- Report issues, test fixes and generate test reports through established systems
- Develop and review verification reports, exploratory test reports, verification summaries or other means of formal verification reporting.
- Promote a collaborative team culture, share ideas and experiences, and be open and available to the suggestions of others in the team
- Act as a mentor to junior team members
- Contribute to process improvements within development and to ensure efficiency, clarity and consistency
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field of computing (for example, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics) OR 6+ years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment
- 4+ years’ developing complex applications or test automation for mobile or server platforms
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience in interface testing, performance testing, and automation testing and a solid understanding of test methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with other project team members
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development practices
- Have successfully architected and implemented an automated test framework from the ground up for complex mobile app
- Be part of a mission-led company where we help transform the way people understand and treat hearing loss
- Flexible work arrangement
- Free onsite parking
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now