Senior Site Engineer
Job no: 611830
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Site Engineer to be a technical lead for all site related operations, procedures and projects to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness. The team member will manage both customer and IT stakeholders while working through incidents and requests as well as contributing to and delivering on project objective undertaken by the global Infrastructure teams.
This role will provide technical leadership and mentoring to other Site Services staff, and support the Manager of the Site Services team.
- Provide prompt 1st and 2nd line on-site support to resolve operational problems as quickly as possible.
- Provide technical support & insights regarding system issues, in accordance with Cochlear internal policies and procedures.
- Work as a part of global support team and liaise with overseas support teams when required.
- Have a good understanding of the Service Level Agreements between different stakeholders and follow the escalation procedures to ensure minimal breach in these service levels.
- Adhere to Computer System Validation requirements.
- Plan, manage, monitor and maintain COCHLEAR desktop hardware and software assets to ensure secure user network access for email, file and print, corporate and bespoke desktop applications, system client installations and telephone connectivity.
- Work closely with the reporting manager to improve and optimise Service Desk and Site Services processes.
- Provide system documentation according to the project development methodology.
- Monitor data and report on service level metrics and other KPIs.
- Provide assistance and technical knowledge to aid in the implementation of Projects.
- Work with vendors to resolve technical problems with equipment and software.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Services teams to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Act as a Technical Lead for the Site Services team in support of a wide range of technologies employed by the team.
You bring your Skills and Experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application.
- At least 5 years of relevant IT Service Support experience based on ITIL framework
- MCSA or MCP or similar work experience
- Strong technical background in client side of Outlook, Active Directory, Windows Client OS, MS Office365
- Basic understanding of ITIL Service Life Cycle Management
- Engineer-level knowledge in one or more technical disciplines among networking (data, voice), server, hosting, storage, security concepts within the IT space
- Ability to operate effectively within structured frameworks, to deliver high quality work and accurate reporting on performance and service delivery
- Attention to detail
- Minimal mastery of key team competencies:
- Goal driven
- Customer focused: able to understand the business requirements to enable delivery of solutions to meet customer needs.
- Take initiative and work autonomously
- Analytical thinking: able to convey information clearly and succinctly, and adapt style to meet users’ differing levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Strong Written & Verbal English Skills
- Experience or interest with major incident management
- More than 7 years of IT Service Support experience based on ITIL framework
- Experience with mobility device management (Microsoft Teams, Intune, or similar)
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of SCCM and VMWare Service Manager application
- Working experience in managing the backups of HP Connected Backup and strong understanding of GUI functionality
- ITIL Certification
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- High level of empathy (to support the customer focused key competency)
- Training skills
- Strong level of creativity
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate the ability to propagate the Team Competencies to other team members
Future growth in developing leadership qualities for the successful candidate.
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now