Senior Site Engineer
Job no: 611831
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Site Engineer to be a technical lead for all site related operations, procedures and projects to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness. The team member will manage both customer and IT stakeholders while working through incidents and requests as well as contributing to and delivering on project objective undertaken by the global Infrastructure teams.
This role will provide technical leadership and mentoring to other Site Services staff, and support the Manager of the Site Services team.
As a Senior Site Engineer at Cochlear you will be a key contributor in an organization where everyone comes together to make sure we help our recipients in the best possible way. Your important part in the organization would be:
- Provide prompt on-site support to resolve operational problems.
- Work as a part of global support team and liaise with overseas support teams when required.
- Plan, manage, monitor and maintain COCHLEAR desktop hardware and software assets to ensure secure user network access for email, file and print, corporate and bespoke desktop applications, system client installations and telephone connectivity.
- Work closely with the reporting manager to improve and optimize Service Desk and Site Services processes.
- Monitor data and report on service level metrics and other KPIs.
- Provide assistance and technical knowledge to aid in the implementation of Projects.
- Work with vendors to resolve technical problems with equipment and software.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Services teams to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Act as a Technical Lead for the Site Services team in support of a wide range of technologies employed by the team.
You bring your Skills and Experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application.
- At least 5 years of relevant IT Service Support experience based on ITIL framework
- MCSA or MCP or similar work experience
- Strong technical background in client side of Outlook, Active Directory, Windows Client OS, MS Office365
- Basic understanding of ITIL Service Life Cycle Management
- Engineer-level knowledge in one or more technical disciplines among networking (data, voice), server, hosting, storage, security concepts within the IT space
- Ability to operate effectively within structured frameworks, to deliver high quality work and accurate reporting on performance and service delivery
- Take initiative and work autonomously
Besides this there will be an extra plus if you have experience with mobility device management (Airwatch, Intune or similar) and have strong problem solver skills and strong level of creativity. If you have knowledge of PowerShell, SCCM and VMWare Service Manager application and also ITIL Certification we’ll make sure you get use of those skills. As communication is a key part of the role we would like to see excellent written and verbal English communication skills and a high level of empathy combined with customer focus to be able to train our employees when needed.
A Little Bit About Cochlear
Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone conduction and other implantable acoustic solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, 10 minutes from the city center of Gothenburg, Sweden, the head office employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for our implantable acoustic products.
Does this sound of interest to you? Of course it does, where else would you be able to be an integral part of helping people hear and be heard? So what are you waiting for? If you feel your skills and experience match what we have mentioned, be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Or maybe you want to learn more about Cochlear first, you can simply head to our website www.cochlear.com
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Advertising Close: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now