Regional Sales Director, West Region
Job no: 611835
Work type: Permanent
Location: Denver, Colorado
Categories: Sales, North America, Manager of Managers
Job Title: Regional Director - West Region
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Based in Australia with U.S. Headquarters in Lone Tree, Colorado, Cochlear has provided more than 550,000 implantable devices to people of all ages all over the world.
About the role:
We are growing! We are recruiting for an experienced sales leader to fill the role of Regional Director for the West Region. The successful incumbent will ideally be based in Denver, Phoenix, Seattle or Portland. This role is integral to help Cochlear and our regional team deliver exceptional care to Cochlear’s professional partners, existing recipients and patients in need of implantable hearing technologies.
To be successful in this role, you will provide strategic leadership and set the direction for the regional team that includes an Area Manager and Clinical Territory Managers. You will partner cross-functionally with other field team members to include consumer sales and reimbursement/health economics. You are experienced in setting sales direction within a region, to include both growth and market share strategies, and consistently deliver revenue results for your assigned region. Your ability to establish and manage partnerships with key leaders in variety of clinical settings demonstrates your overall results impact. You are experienced in contract negotiations with hospital executives and are accustomed to working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to finalize pricing. You are an engaged and motivated sales leader who enjoys developing team members to deliver results with and through others, in a complex selling environment, to achieve business objectives.
- Operational and sales leadership responsibility for the West region, its team members and customers
- Hire, coach, and develop the team to effectively deliver results on the business strategy, with expectation for team to perform at a high level while maintaining a strong team connection and accountability for performance outcomes
- Team members establish and maintain strong customer relationships with assigned accounts (surgeons, audiologists, surgical departments, purchasing)
- Travels with team members to coach, train and develop relationships with customers while listening for opportunities of strength and development and implementing with territory/regional plans
- Review, approve and present pricing and unit purchase proposals and contract options with team members
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage purchase proposals and ensure completion in a timely and compliant manner
To add value to Cochlear, in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of medical device or healthcare experience, with a minimum of two (2) years of healthcare / medical device sales field team leadership. Experience in Hearing Health highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing business and sales plan strategies for multiple product lines
- Demonstrated experience leading a team to execute on the plans and achieve sales objectives
- Ability to review detailed sales reports and complete trend analysis. Application of both short and long-term business planning
- Strong team leadership
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and on occasion internationally, with travel expectations approximately 60% with overnight stays, and in some instances may exceed that for specified periods of time
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now