Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job no: 611838
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Human Resources, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in China, Japan, Korea, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®)
Cochlear is now offering a rare opportunity for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist to manage the end-to-end recruitment of all vacant positions across the Greater China (GC) region. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be based in our Beijing office and have the chance to engage with a variety of cross-functional hiring managers to deliver on their talent requirements and hiring priorities. The successful candidate will also have the exciting opportunity to work on fantastic recruitment projects and broader People & Culture initiatives.
- Effectively manage the full recruitment cycle for defined Greater China (GC) vacancies
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand their talent requirements, business models and strategic priorities to achieve hiring objectives
- In close collaboration with hiring managers, develop and implement innovative hiring plans (including candidate attraction and interview/assessment strategies) to source best-in-class candidates
- Provide consultative advice to hiring managers throughout the interview and selection process, ensuring an overall effective hire
- Act as an advocate for Cochlear’s company values, positioning Cochlear as an employer of choice and maintaining an excellent candidate experience
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with hiring managers, regional and global Talent Acquisition colleagues and the broader APAC People & Culture team
- Identify and build effective relationships with key retained and contingency search firms, as well as relevant professional industry groups and associations
At Cochlear, your career will be making a real difference to the lives of the hearing impaired. In the role of Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will also have the unique opportunity to expand your capabilities in recruitment through regional and global career progression pathways.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 3-5 years recruiting experience; including experience in a corporate recruiting role or in an agency/search firm role
- Proven experience recruiting for a variety of roles and candidates
- Demonstrated ability to pipeline talent with an in-depth knowledge of direct sourcing techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, presentation, collaboration and negotiating skills
- Agility and ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Strong affinity to systems & experience with a broad range of recruitment tools
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging 3rd party vendors such as shared service functions, or contingent/retained search firms
- High customer centricity with a demonstrated ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Fluent English
- Medical device / pharmaceutical / Life sciences industry experience
- Experience with PageUp People or other recruitment systems
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions. The company has a global workforce of more than 4,000 people worldwide and invests more than AUD$160 million each year in research and development. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Advertising Close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now