Senior Manager Regional Reimbursement
Job no: 611849
Work type: Permanent
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Categories: Reimbursement, North America, Individual Contributor
Job Title: Senior Manager Regional Reimbursement
Cochlear develops life-changing medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Cochlear is headquartered in Sydney, Australia with offices in more than 20 countries around the globe.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear ensure market access to our life-changing therapies, we are recruiting for a Senior Manager Regional Reimbursement in the Eastern United States. The ideal candidate will live in Ohio, Pennsylvania or New England close to a major airport.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to promote policies, shape payment pathways, and execute on both strategic and tactical reimbursement plans to improve patient access to Cochlear devices. You'll work collaboratively with our sales, clinical, regulatory, reimbursement, marketing, and operations groups to promote favorable insurance coverage and optimal reimbursement profiles that minimize reimbursement barriers and maximize patient access. This manager role is responsible for driving the reimbursement strategy for the north-eastern region.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of the evolving healthcare system. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've seen increased patient access in the territory you manage.
- Drive key initiatives to support regional and territory strategic reimbursement initiatives for Cochlear America's product portfolio.
- Act as an expert reimbursement consultant to both internal and external customers.
- Monitor, assess, and report provider, payer, and legislative regional trends and developments to support strategic and tactical planning in assigned territories.
- Provide input regarding strategic and short-term plans, future coding, reimbursement and clinical evidence needs.
- Manage day-to-day reimbursement activities to achieve key business objectives.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7+ years of overall healthcare experience to include demonstrated experience in medical device reimbursement, market access, reimbursement policy, and healthcare provider and payer operations.
- Must have good understanding and working knowledge of private, federal, and state healthcare coverage; healthcare economics; physician and facility business practices; and healthcare coverage and policy development.
- Excellent customer services skills, excellent deductive skills, very strong written and verbal communications skills, strong analytic skills, and ability to work independently
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Motivated, detail and deadline oriented, and organized.
- Should reside in or be willing to relocate to the Eastern region of the US
- Travel as required; approximately 50%
- Relationships with private, state, or federal payers
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings!
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now