Shared Services Team Leader (Accounts Payable)
Job no: 611855
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Customer Service, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Finance Shared Service Team Leader to provide operational management and participate in operational focus for Cochlear’s Shared Services has arisen in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Finance Shared Service Team Leader will champion process improvement in working with Manager Shared Customer Services to achieve best practice to deliver on our strategy of a convenient, seamless and consistent customer experience.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- To lead a team effectively within an environment of high volume transactional and repetitive based activities. This includes but is not limited to activities such as transactional accounting including data entry for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables, open / close ledgers, invoicing, other manual transaction processing, order entry, user acceptance testing, information transactions, proactive management transactions and services, customer feedback and enquiries, complaint handling and project participation. Effective execution of allocated activities, services and processes within agreed service levels.
- Line supervision of SSC personnel and operational functions.
- Monitor and report on SSC performance based on customer and Manager Shared Customer Services feedback, metrics and assessments.
- Work with all Regional teams to ensure the successful transfer of finance activities including process documentation, knowledge transfer and training delivery to up skill new hires.
- Follow procedures to deliver quality work in a timely and accurate manner while identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement across financial. Proactively identify, resolve or escalate issues within shared service operations.
- Develop and manage team goals, work schedules and activities, and resource requirements to ensure coverage at all times.
- Responsible for adherence to fiscal direction, with a focus on cost effectiveness and financial efficiency.
- Provide support to the SSCs in the establishment of additional metrics, standardization and benchmarking of processes and related activities – driving process efficiency and adoption
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years working experience in a similar capacity as this role.
- MUST have experience managing a team of 5-7 representatives in a shared services environment.
- The incumbent MUST have worked in a Finance Shared Services environment with a deep understanding on how the accounting is implemented and automated, together with all interdependencies with sub-ledgers.
- Exposure to a Global Shared Service environment would be highly beneficial.
- MUST have high degree of attention to details, customer focus and empathy.
- High proficiency with Oracle or similar ERP transactional systems is required for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Intermediate computer skills in various software packages, including Windows10, specifically Excel, Word and other typical business software. Knowledge or experience in Salesforce is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers across time zones.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and show initiative in a dynamic ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to support business requirements such as work on public holidays and a range of shifts (e.g. 7am to 4pm or 11am to 8pm), with occasional weekend shift on a rotation.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Advertising Close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now