Market Access Manager
Job no: 611884
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Marketing, Reimbursement, Western Europe, Individual Contributor, Advocacy, Health Economics
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear now has a unique opportunity for a Market Access Manager to lead on all market access activities for the UK, Ireland and South Africa (UK/Ire & SA). As a member of the Leadership Team and acting as the country representative in the EMEA group of Market Access Managers, you will have the opportunity to partner closely with regional and global Marketing Access teams to set and deliver on market access strategy development and execution, reimbursement coverage and payment whilst influencing policy for Cochlear’s technologies to improve overall access.
Ideally based in Weybridge, flexible/remote working opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Develop comprehensive strategy and activity plans for Country Market Access to secure rapid access to all Cochlear therapies
- Define business plans and develop core deliverables in cooperation with Regional and Global Market Access teams (e.g. reimbursement dossiers, health economic evaluations/value dossiers, budget impact models) to drive industry growth
- Develop and drive implementation of value dossiers adapted for the local markets (i.e. health insurances, hospitals)
- Design and execute Market Access programs to increase Market Access capabilities locally with a cross functional approach
- Maintain existing and emerging, private and public health reimbursement systems across the assigned countries
- Play an active role in defining the payer evidence plan and pricing strategy development to optimise launch and maximise the value capture during the product lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain working relationships across payers and other key stakeholders to raise awareness of products and positively influence coverage/adoption decisions
- Drive health policy initiatives and strategic engagement programs to ensure that hearing health is a priority in the (UK/I/SA) by creating alliances with health service professionals / providers, consumer advocate groups and other key stakeholders
- Engage payers in the region to create well founded and attractive value propositions for Cochlear’s technology
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the market leaders in implantable hearing solutions and make a real difference in the lives of others. You will be part of a growing function and a team that is developing, with the ability to partner with regional and global stakeholders. Cochlear offers a collaborative work environment with ample career development opportunities for the right individual.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value in this role, you will be able to demonstrate strong leadership, teamwork capabilities and stakeholder engagement awareness, including prior experience influencing senior leadership teams. You will have a strong understanding of health economics and outcomes research principles, and have the ability to identify and assess commercial opportunities.
What will make you stand out:
- Degree in life sciences, economics or business with an advanced degree in one of these fields preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry, with at least 2 years in a field-based Market Access role, preferably within the (UK/I/SA).
- Experience launching products in a hospital/clinical environment.
- Strong understanding of the Market Access landscape in the designated regions.
- Experience / understanding of the National Health Service (UK), Health Service Executive (Ireland), South Africa’s public and private payer models, financial and commissioning environment / framework
- Experience/ understanding of NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence)
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions with a workforce of more than 4,000 people worldwide. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Advertising Close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now