Sales Manager North East Africa
Job no: 611885
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Sales, Middle East & Africa, People Manager
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Manager North East Africa position with Cochlear Implant experience to join our team in Egypt
In this position you will gain international experience by working in a global Multi-National-Company as part of a dynamic, fast growing industry. You will get the opportunity to work across a portfolio of high-technology products
The successful candidate will be responsible to work closely with business partners within the designated geographic territory, including the member states within NEA (Egypt, Sudan and Libya), to ensure the cost-effective penetration and development of markets for implantable hearing devices servicing the profoundly and severely hearing-impaired population.
The position thereby provides input to and implements the overall sales strategy and specific business plans, managing the day-to-day sales activities. Key to success for the position is to develop the market by ensuring the acceptance of all Cochlear products in the market as a viable treatment and by achieving reimbursement or alternative funding for all products in the territory, including winning governmental tenders, whereas all activities should increase the revenues and profits in the designated area.
This role is a People Manager who will drive the team in that region to achieve the approved Business Priorities, while coaching them and supporting their development plan
Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Role (People Manager)
- Build a team where, on an ongoing basis, each individual:
- knows what the key priorities are and how these supports the business priorities
- receives the feedback and coaching they need to ensure they are working on the right things and demonstrating the HEAR behaviours
- works collaboratively within the team and across teams to achieve our goals
- Education: University degree in Business Administration or Medical/Biological field (e.g. Bioengineering).
- 6- 8 years of work experience. thereof min. 3 years sales & marketing management experience in life sciences.
- Previous experience with implantable hearing technology, cochlear implants is preferred
- Experience working in the designated territory.
- Experience in a business model with distributors / business partners.
- Experience working with medical professionals (e.g. surgeons, other KOLs).
- Experience in multinational company with matrix organization.
- Experience working in a customer/patient focused environment.
- Strong in Microsoft based software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and CRM software (Salesforce). ERP software (SAP and/or Oracle)
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: Egypt Standard Time
Advertising Close: Egypt Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now