Software Engineering Manager
Job no: 611890
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, People Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Software Engineering Manager to work in Cochlear to Grow and develop high performing software development teams to provide technical design, guidance and implementation services that is consistent with DevOps and Agile principles, Corporate standards and business priorities to deliver cost effective and high quality customer solutions has arisen in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You will be presented with the opportunity to contribute to the global IT Strategy and work across regional boundaries.
The Software Engineering Manager will be providing technical design and implementation services in compliance with corporate strategies and standards. The ideal candidate should have experience with Agile development methods, product ownership, managing a development team, managing medium to large project, possesses current technical skills, excellent communication skills and proven ability to collaborate across multiple development teams.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of software development techniques and recommend improvements in support of application development efforts.
- Oversee and participate in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a consistent approach and maximize the benefit of tools already being used throughout the organization.
- Reporting overall progress of development activities to management and the business.
- Provide the business with a professional service by ensuring customers are regularly updated on progress
- Develop strategies that will enable to achieve the outcomes of your objectives with your business partners.
- Participate in analyzing, designing, writing and testing code, documenting and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems. This is completed in accordance with customer requirements and organizational methodologies and standards for new application development as well as existing system enhancements
- Promote a DevSecOps culture and challenge silos.
- Leading and guiding developers on software development processes, standards and industry best practices.
- Encourage the team to initiate, create and implement new ideas in their jobs.
- Managerial duties include resource augmentation, relationship building with vendors, external teams and resource allocation.
- Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field of computing (for example, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics)
- The successful incumbent MUST have at least 8 years of experience in managing Software Development team preferably in an Agile or DevOps environment.
- Strong understanding of Software Engineering processes and methodologies.
- Experience in preparing Technical Proposal pertinent to software engineering is a MUST for this role.
- Has hands on experience in translating business requirements into technical needs and action.
- Experience in driving automation initiatives via CI/CD platforms (Git, TeamCity/Jenkins etc.) is an added advantage
- Good understanding in integration technologies such as SOA and Microservices (SOAP/REST).
- Knowledge in Test Automation framework such as Selenium is an added advantage.
- Solid negotiation skills with various parties to ensure enhancements to applications are addressed while maintaining/balancing business situations and constrictions
- A proven ability to deliver in-depth solutions for requirements in expedited timelines on highly visible projects
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Advertising Close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now