Test Systems Engineer
Job no: 611891
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
We are seeking a Test Systems Engineer to join our New Product Industrialisation team to work as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Operations Manufacturing division based in Newstead on a permanent full-time basis. This operation manufactures all external accessory components.
Under the leadership of the Test Systems Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the electronic design, investigation, implementation, verification, and validation of Manufacturing Test Systems.
Other accountabilities include:
- Designing Test Systems using off-the-shelf measurement equipment hardware and designing custom hardware to interface to it
- Developing LabVIEW software to aid in testing and debugging
- Designing, developing, and reviewing Test Jig mechanical enclosures and fixtures i.e. Bed of Nails fixture to hold the PCBA during testing
- Ensuring designs are sufficiently peer and formally reviewed, considering manufacturability and reliability
- Developing and trialling prototype designs, participating in improving design technology and methodologies, and ensuring that the leading-edge technology is considered in designs
- Preparing all documentation required for the development of a new and existing Test System to be used in Production
- Supporting Manufacturing with technical support for Test Systems used in Production
Why is this role right for you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and/or Electronic and Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in design and development, in a highly regulated industry, ideally medical, pharmaceutical, or military electronic systems
- An understanding of electronic circuits and components, both analog and digital
- Experience in hardware and software design (Altium, C or C++, LabVIEW)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical documents
- Excellent self-management skills
- Experience using commercial test equipment highly regarded (eg. Keysight)
- Experience in automation and vision systems highly considered
- Be part of a mission-led company where we help transform the way people understand and treat hearing loss
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Be part of a collaborative and tight-knit team
- Flexible work arrangements
- Very stable company, with high growth projections
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active, high-tech manufacturing environment. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Advertising Close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now