Job no: 611912
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear's global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to work in our Cochlear Malaysia IT Delivery Centre. You will be responsible for the design, provisioning, configuration, documentation, operations and maintenance activities on technical systems adopted by Cochlear.
The role’s primary focus is on technical platforms belonging to the “Infrastructure Operations Systems” team; however, it is also required to support project activities in other technical disciplines and coordinate operations across all Cochlear regions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- SME level experience in SCCM 2012 / release version 1802,1806,1810 & 1902,1910.
- Experience in design and installation of Microsoft System Configuration Manager 2012 infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of SCCM client installation, software distribution, remote control, CDM and other SCCM issues.
- Expertise in SCCM Administration, deployment, packaging, network inventory, boundaries, distribution point, installer and network designing.
- Experience deploying and administration of SCCM + Intune Co-Management
Designing, Planning, and Implementing System Center Configuration Manager, such as:
- Planning System center Configuration Manager hierarchy and site system roles.
- Creating and managing Boundary Groups across one or more Distribution Points.
- Management of site communications. (Bandwidth, Senders, Secondary Sites, etc.)
- Role-Based Administration: Managing custom roles and security scopes.
- Planning and securing SCCM using security certificates.
- General monitoring of site health via SSRS, log files, and the SCCM console.
- Planning, configuring and implementing a backup plan to mitigate the loss of SCCM services in the event of a disaster with the least amount of data loss possible.
Manage and configure User and Device collections including:
- Creating query-based collections
- Configuring Site Collection Maintenance Windows.
- Configuring Power Management Rules
- Deploying Operating System Images (primarily Windows 10) via SCCM OSD.
- Configuring WDS, configuring PXE, configuring the VM build environment, and integrating with MDT
- Build / Capture / Update Windows 10 images
- Manage images (updating of Drivers, etc.)
- Creating Distribution Points and distributing the images accordingly
- Creating a deployment Task Sequence and deploying the Task Sequence
- Creating Packages for Operating System Deployments
Deployment of Applications and Software Updates including:
- Creating and deploying applications with user device affinity, compliance settings, Software Centre and task sequencing.
- Monitoring updates via Automatic Deployment Rules (ADR), Update Groups, Deployment packages, and other methods
- Reporting on the success or failure of Application deployments.
- Management of Compliance Settings by creating and importing Configuration Items (CI)
Deploy Client Management agents
- Manage clients using Group Policy, WSUS, logon scripts, Client Push, etc.
- Trouble client health
- Manage and report on hardware and software inventory.
- Create, modify, and produce custom reporting as needed.
Why is this role right for you?
- Strong proven experience with at least 5 years hands on experience on SCCM in a medium to large organisation with ITIL processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with remote management and stakeholders.
- Hands on experience managing some of the following technologies: Windows Server & related (AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP), MS Systems Centre (SCCM, SCOM), Office 365, SharePoint, is a MUST for this role.
- Storage and Virtualization (ESX/VMware), Single Sign-On knowledge is good to have but not necessary.
- Engineering level understanding of Windows Server/AD/System Center and other related MS Technologies is highly desirable for this role.
- Good level of understanding of LAN/WAN/WIFI/VPN/Storage technologies is essential for this role
- MUST have working experience in Agile & ITIL Framework - Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Request Management and Continuous Improvement.
- MCSE and MCSA certifications would be an added advantage.
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Advertising Close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now