Wearable - Senior Software Firmware Engineer
Job no: 611915
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering
We are seeking a Senior Firmware Software Engineer in Sydney to join our exciting newly created team in our Australia office. In this new team you will lead the activities for the development and verification with strategic start-ups, research partners by offering contract services (design, prototyping, manufacturing) using the expertise and technology building blocks from Cochlear.
In an entrepreneurial environment you will work in a highly agile, dynamic and lean cross-functional team, start-up style wearing many different hats, providing contract services towards start-ups and research partners for different exciting medical device applications.
What you will bring to the role!
- University degree in electronics or computer engineering or similar
- 5+ years experiences as a Firmware Engineer
- Experience in firmware design and implementation
- Experience coding microcontrollers or DSPs in Assembly and C
- Experience programming in the Python programming language
- Skilled with cross-functional thinking and problem solving
- Excellent English communication skills
- Manages design partners to deliver outcomes
- Manages risk management and design history files for the system or sub-system
- Implementation of Firmware Product Development deliverables
- Implementation of unit and system tests and frameworks
- Identifies and recommends significant improvement to operational procedures and processes and devices
- Manages changes to design and function, including ensuring compatibility with higher-level systems and lower-level design components
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement
- Undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these responsibilities
- Communicate openly and effectively within the team and towards external parties
- Working in small multifunctional team supporting incubation projects
- Work in a start-up style of environment where agility, creativity, pragmatism are high valued capabilities and skills
- Being part of a team providing engineering services to start-ups and research partners
- Working in an entrepreneurial setup working towards ambitious project goals and milestones supporting different kind of medical device applications
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now