Store Person & Goods Inwards Inspector
Job no: 611942
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for to work in Cochlear as a Store Person & Goods Inwards Inspector to control the movements of goods into and out of the warehouse has arisen at our KL office. The successful candidate needs to control all movements from receiving of raw materials through to dispatching of finished products.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Receiving inbound shipment and courier deliveries in an appropriate manner.
- Performing goods inwards inspection or delivery acceptance and using an appropriate methodology.
- Ensure all items are handled and stored in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure non-conforming materials are handled in the appropriate manner.
- Pick, pack and issue materials for manufacturing and repairs in a timely and efficient manner
- Pack items/devices for shipping (boxing, labelling) as per set standards defined in the work instruction.
- Perform shipping transactions in Oracle and book shipments with courier service
- Participate in weekly cycle counts and annual stock take activities.
- Adhere to 5S and ESD requirements.
- Comply with Cochlear’s Quality system and meet quality standards.
- Practice good workplace safety habits.
- Minimum Diploma in Logistics Management or similar is required for this position.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in warehouse / logistics operations in manufacturing environment is required for this position.
- MUST have strong computer literacy.
- Hands on experience in managing manufacturing requirements is an added advantage for this role.
- Ability to work between 8.30am to 10.30pm is required for this position. The incumbent should be flexible to work in shifts
- Experience working in Oracle, SAP or similar ERP systems will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication in English is a MUST for this role.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Cochlear Malaysia Summary
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear’s global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now