Test Engineer (x 3 Positions)
Job no: 611950
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, IT
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Test Engineer to work in Cochlear to contribute and innovate processes for the IT team has arisen in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You will be working towards identifying, defining, administering and executing the required Verification & Validation (V&V) tests to ensure the successful delivery of solutions.
The Test Engineer will contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in applications and testing.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Maintain effective and efficient test automation frameworks, tools and Infrastructure
- Create and maintain a reusable and configurable set of automated tests across applications.
- Defining, planning, implementing and reporting systems or software V&V tests.
- Perform verification and validation of business applications.
- Generating and maintaining inputs (including V&V plan) and outputs (including documents and results) of verification and validation activities
- Specifies and applies appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making
- Preparing, coordinating and executing testing according to plan and criteria defined in your role
- Delivering testing progress reports to IT
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field of computing (for example, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics)
- At least 3 years of experience in software testing is required for this role with minimum 2 years of experience in automation testing is a MUST for this position.
- Experience in performance testing i.e. stress test, low test, various performance test is an added advantage
- Hands on experience in creating test plan and test cases.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environment is required for this position.
- Experience in writing, executing, maintaining and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies (e.g. Selenium, Nightwatch, Postman) is an added advantage.
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets
- Strong coding programming skills in Object-Oriented Programming/Java, GIT
- Good understanding of agile fundamentals, agile concepts and tools.
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Agile and able to work on different time zones to support projects globally.
- Ideally, experience with continuous integration with a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to testing and problem solving
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear’s global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Advertising Close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now