Job no: 611952
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, IT
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity has come up for a highly motivated Software Developer to provide the necessary ongoing development, support and improvement of Cochlear’s applications.
The Software Developer will be responsible for application development, design, and support while following relevant quality procedures to deliver quality products and services. You will also identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement, and undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these responsibilities. You will contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables.
- Strong commercial knowledge of back end programming languages – Java / .Net
- Integration experience with microservices and RESTful architectures
- Strong understanding of software design and programming principles
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving capability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Node JS
- HTML5, CSS3
- REST API’s
- Understanding of general development and operations skills (CI CD, test automation, etc)
- Git version control
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology
- Use of Atlassian tools for software development
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now