Job no: 611993
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Administration, Finance, Legal & Patents, Asia Pacific, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear now as an opportunity for an Insurance Administrator to be part of the Group Risk & Assurance team based in our Sydney head office. In this role, the successful Insurance Administrator will ensure that Cochlear has adequate and effective insurance cover for all its business risks, assets and operations. The Insurance Administrator will also have the opportunity to collaborate across functional and geographical boundaries to deliver insurance advice and services and effectively progress insurance claims.
- Implement the annual Global Insurance Program renewal process with Cochlear’s broker(s) to optimize the most cost effective and comprehensive insurance cover from external underwriters and Cochlear’s captive insurer
- Manager broker/underwriter relationships and serve as the liaison between them and Cochlear businesses
- Liaise with the Head of Group Risk & Assurance to regularly review policies and assess the risk potential of Cochlear’s new and changing businesses to determine insurance needs, including making recommendations for new company insurance policies – e.g. cyber, privacy are just two examples in recent times.
- Work with Finance and Business Managers on new projects to assess and make recommendations on insurance requirements
- Advise on insurance aspects of business acquisitions/divestments and participate in due diligence processes as the insurance expert
- Arrange and participate in insurer site visits for property inspections and/or briefing presentations
- Review policies for accuracy and coverage
- Maintain on-going contact with regional offices to discuss any new insurance procedures, answer ongoing issues relating to insurance and provide assistance whenever necessary
- Ensure claims are handled efficiently and result in prompt payment by the insurer
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Relevant insurance qualifications ie. Certificate IV in General Insurance (FNS41415) or equivalent
- Knowledge in insurance products and an understanding of the insurance industry
- Track record in delivering improvements (premium savings or extra cover) in annual renewal programs
- Proven experience in working with corporate global insurance programs and/or general insurance claims
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with external insurance service providers i.e.. brokers and insurers
- High degree of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Team player
- Five (5) years’ experience in insurance and/or brokerage fields
- Experience working as a litigation paralegal
- Proven experience in working with captive insurer(s)
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to work on an insurance program for a global medical technology company with a captive insurer participating in the program. You will have the ability to work across organisational boundaries and to become skilled in managing various stakeholders
Working for Cochlear:
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now