Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job no: 611997
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent full-time basis based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University. This role is to provide technical leadership in Manufacturing for targets to be met and to implement improvements in the Manufacturing areas to optimise efficiency and support continuous improvement of the manufacturing operations
- Provide the first point of contact for Manufacturing on yield, quality and throughput issues.
- Resolve process performance issues using structured problem-solving techniques, identifying alternative solutions and implementing effective process controls to prevent recurrence.
- Review manufacturing documentation produced from other engineers to ensure that an adequate level of technical understanding has been applied.
- Execute projects to improve existing processes in areas of responsibility to maximise efficiency through but not limited to the selection of appropriate equipment and design of ‘indirect’ processes.
- Work with cross-functional groups to improve business processes across the organisations
- Assist in the development of strategic improvements for Manufacturing including factory layout.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering. Prefer Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, Biomedical or Mechatronics.
- 3 years+ experience in a similar Manufacturing role within a highly regulated industry
- Experience in working within a Quality Management system
- Experience in working within Manufacturing Management system (e.g. LEAN)
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, manufacturing / business process development and personal influence
- Experience with project management tools
- Medical device industry experience and an understanding of GMP
- Process knowledge and experience
- Work across a number of different technologies and processes
- Significant exposure to other parts of the business
- Great career development path
- Flexible work arrangement
- Very stable company, with high growth projections
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now