Clinical Technical Specialist - KSA
Job no: 612006
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled), Permanent
Location: Riyad- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Categories: Audiology, Clinical Studies, Engineering, Middle East & Africa, Individual Contributor
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Technical Specialist with Cochlear Implant experience to join our distributor team in Saudi Arabia.
The position is responsible to provide clinical and technical support on all aspects of Cochlear Implantable Solutions to all clinics and other stakeholders in the responsible region. The position includes the responsibility to support the market penetration of the profoundly and severely hearing-impaired population in the designated region by developing the market and ensuring acceptance of cochlear products as a viable treatment for both adults and children and achieving reimbursement for all products from a clinical/technical perspective. In addition, the position includes a sales development responsibility for Cochlear Implantable products by supporting the distributor’s sales staff and developing market growth strategy in collaboration with the Country Sales Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the distributor(s) in the responsible region in clinical/ technical matters or promotional events.
- Act as a reference point for all clinical technical inquiries arising from the distributor staff and provide guidance
- Support hearing centers and similar institutions in understanding and applying Cochlear’s recommendations with regard to a successful treatment of patients at all stages required to obtain the best possible outcomes with Cochlear products.
- Provide on-site support and training for intra-operative measurement, such as impedance, NRT, Advanced NRT measurements, integrity tests, MAPing and any other required technical support in connection with Cochlear products
- Support clinics to start new implantable hearing solutions programs by using well established models from experienced clinics.
- Continuously provide guidance to distributor staff, clinic personnel and other relevant stakeholders on how to communicate information to end-users and other third parties about Cochlear implants and future products.
- Support the CIBM with regards to:
- Increasing the awareness of the product lines.
- Supporting the development of a recipient-advocate network.
- Organizing SPOT sessions and Patient Awareness days with CI accounts and speech rehabilitation centers.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the health care system(s) in the territory of responsibility.
- Ensure Cochlear Implant patients have access to a speech processor replacement through a direct exchange program by implementing adequate demand planning and product tracking with implanting centers.
- Identify and support clinical trials opportunities, to arrange cooperation on selected research topics where possible. Work within existing processes for clinical trials and international cooperation, considering local or regional regulations
- Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant field. Experience in/with life science/medical devices industry
- Education: Master’s degree in Engineering or Audiology
- Previous experience with implantable hearing technology, cochlear implants preferred
- Experience working in a customer/patient focused environment.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and in stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and follow up skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and be accountable for day to day office management
- Strong in Microsoft based software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and CRM software
- Language Skills/ Proficiency: Arabic (fluent/ native) & English (fluent).
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: Syria Daylight Time
Advertising Close: Syria Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now