Job Title: Director Consumer Marketing
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role:
In order to help Cochlear raise awareness, educate and support new customers through the treatment journey of hearing loss we are recruiting for a Director of Patient/Consumer Marketing in our North American headquarters in Centennial, Colorado.
The successful candidate will be an experienced B2C and B2B2C marketing professional that will drive the leadership, direction and development of the company’s direct-to-consumer marketing strategy, plans and execution. This will include the development of strategic demand generation and social and relationship (peer to peer) marketing which will identify, educate and motivate new customers to the brand solution. The role includes the creation of omni-channel collateral from lead identification to conversion. This includes identifying primary target audiences and delivering best-in-class content through direct and third-party channels and increasing the word-of-mouth marketing leveraging our customers as ambassadors. A successful candidate for this position will have a proven track record of B2C marketing, demonstrated ability to think out of the box, pilot new programs and drive results. Additionally, this leader is experienced in the oversight of partner agencies responsible for direct to consumer marketing for Cochlear. As an experienced leader you are accustomed to strategic planning and implementation, effectively executing plans with others in a collaborative and cross-functional approach. You bring demonstrated strength as a people leader who is accustomed to hiring, developing and building a strong performance-driven team through effective coaching, mentoring and development.
In this role you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of consumer marketing to our sales process and corporate mission. You will know you have been successful in this role when you have supported the company’s goals to raise awareness and nurture customers to a life with better hearing.
- Lead consumer marketing strategic planning to support and the customer experience, market growth and share goals
- Partner cross functionally on creative, analytics, social media, email, search, e-commerce and web experts to create robust omni-channel campaigns
- Lead the integration of consumer marketing programs to sales and related platforms
- Develop plan to leverage our customer fan force as brand ambassadors
- Develop and lead a team focused on key results
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- BS/BA degree in related field required.
- 10+ years expanding strategic leadership experience in consumer marketing and product management. Medical device/healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated business and operational acumen and service delivery experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gathers and analyses information skillfully and can digest complex content and translate into simpler terms to create a plan of action.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing project plans and deliverables including working with cross-functional team members. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to establish work systems to delegate, monitor and control the execution of team members tasks to drive positive accountability.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to collaborate and build effective processes and communicate expectations and outcomes.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities with ease.
- Pro-actively provides and welcomes feedback.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit by placing success of team above own interests.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality by applying feedback to improve performance.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Takes the lead; faces adversity; encourages debate.
- This position requires creativity, innovative thinking and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a complex, extremely fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and adaptability
- Proficient user of MS Office suite
- Proven track record of taking initiative and solving problems pro-actively.
- Able to travel (up to 20%) including nights and weekends.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings!
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.