Job no: 612141
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
We are seeking a New Product Industrialisation (NPI) Engineer to join our NPI team at our global head office in Macquarie University on a permanent full-time basis.
Under the leadership of the NPI Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and successful ramp up of new products by developing and implementing stable and repeatable manufacturing processes by collaborating with and influencing the output of product design teams, suppliers and production.
- Defining manufacturing requirements for process developments, incorporating information from various business sources and stakeholders;
- Conduct and analyse structured experiments to characterise process performance and improve the design and/or operation
- Apply appropriate risk assessment tools (e.g. PFMEA, CPA) to identify and carry out effective mitigation activities at key phases during the project;
- Determine and document process steps; sequence of operations; test methods, and inspection points and incorporate these into a layout suitable for LEAN Production
- Specify equipment requirements, ensure equipment selection is recorded and based on thorough discussions with stakeholders, that equipment is tested prior to delivery and installed equipment is adequately documented;
- Ensure product designs are reviewed for manufacturability and that key product specifications (and limits) are assessed against the capability of manufacturing processes to deliver these requirements and work with designers to implement improvements;
- Perform and document process qualifications and validations within timeframe required by projects
- Set-up support infrastructure required to operate process; support training of operators; coordinate prototype build activities; and ensure that pre-Production trials satisfy requirements of Production manager
- Plan and execute Technology Development projects, dealing with risks associated with novelty or uncertainty, to deliver new capabilities to manufacturing
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a NPI or equivalent role with extensive experience in operations where new processes are introduced into fast paced, heavily regulated environments.
- Engineering Qualification (preferably Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical)
- Experience working within a Quality Management System
- Exposure to a Production Management System (such as LEAN)
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, manufacturing processes and the ability to influence people at all levels
- Experience in silicone moulding. Design of tools for moulding on Arburg platforms or equivalent, understanding of principles of silicone moulding and introduction of silicone moulding processes in a high mix environment.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Advertising Close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now