Senior IT Business Analyst
Job no: 612179
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Today, Cochlear is a Top 50 ASX-listed company with annual global revenues exceeding AUD$1 billion. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a Senior IT Business Analyst to be responsible for influencing business stakeholders, product owners, and delivery teams to gain in-depth understanding of the business strategy, underlying processes and capabilities and the context in which the business operates.
The Senior IT Business Analyst will be an expert among Cochlear’s Portfolio Practice and work with senior management to build and lead the culture and business analysis capability in Cochlear by promoting ongoing education, mentoring other practitioners, and the development and assurance of high-quality outputs and deliverables.
The candidate will follow relevant quality and compliance procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement. They will also influence and contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables, and be able to adapt to working in a fast-paced and changing environment spread across the globe.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Business analysis - including, but not limited to being an expert of business processes, anticipate requirements, uncovering areas for improvement;
- Collaborating with different stakeholders globally and guiding business analysts, solution designers, developers;
- Participate in solution evaluation, preparing solution gap analysis reports, and understanding data requirements of proposed solutions;
- Communication and change management;
- Assist in delivery management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Computing or Engineering
- Expert knowledge of BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge)
- 5+ years of experience working in a mix of technology platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new solutions.
- Strong business analysis background, with an ability to focus on the most important facts and identify dependencies.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- High energy, motivated performer
- High standards to deliver excellence
- Experience developing and implementing processes
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Post Graduate qualification, e.g. business administration, business management, computer and information science.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP/AAC) or other BA industry certifications
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry
- Experience with Enterprise systems (e.g. CRM) and processes
- Experience working with a virtual, multicultural, cross functional and multiregional team
- Experience working with large stakeholder teams
- Experience working with technical teams
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now